Ok, further searching has revealed that in Canada it is indeed much harder to get something actually called DA, i.e. I have and still use commercial acetone as the final rinse of anything run through my guns some of which are 30 years old...Binks #18, bought for me by customer for refinishing her kitchen. _____ OwensboroPainting.com The Following User Says Thank You to ModernStyle For This Useful Post: Rbnsb5 (09-18-2013) Remove Advertisements. I will normally rent a sprayer if I am spraying BIN. Only 17 left in stock - order soon. Price Price. @nailbanger2; according to zinsser, the BIN has a shelf life of 3 years. COVID-19 Update to Customers All of our stores in New Zealand are open and continue to have a comprehensive range of measures in place to keep team members and customers safe. It's sold in most major home improvement stores. Can (6 Pack) 4.4 out of 5 stars 4. Primer How to clean your brush, best brush and more. Just sprayed 26 cabinet doors with Zinsser Bin shellac based primer for my workshop build. Turning perfectly good lumber into scrap and sawdust for more than 20 years! For interior and spot exterior use. Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. All spray guns not being used were kept in a closed bin of laquer thinner. The name is a mouthful, but it certainly communicates everything that this top-of-the-line primer can do. One stellar offering from Zinsser is their Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Interior/Exterior Water-Based Primer. B-I-N® offers unparalleled adhesion to glossy surfaces - including glass - without the need for scuff sanding and blocks stubborn and persistent stains. How to paint chalky exterior walls. Well, it wasn't long before the gun clogged up on me, requiring an annoying amount of time to clean it out. I like using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN, but I have never sprayed it until recently. So are there any tricks for cleaning a gun after using BIN, or is this just the way it is with shellac primer? This is commor pratice, whatever the can says. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac-Base Primer Spray, White 13 Oz. I'll have to pay more attention to the fine print for the active ingredients next time. Zinsser B-I-N 13 oz. Sponsored Links ContractorTalk.com. Is it safe to assume that the seals in most HVLP guns are acetone compatible? More Buying Choices $55.36 (12 new offers) Rust-Oleum Zinsser 824H 1-Quart Bulls Eye Sealcoat Wood Sealer, Clear. Zinsser (R) B-I-N (R) shellac-based stain killing primer-sealer. 0 Reviews. Took the gun apart, and used methyl hydrate (denatured alcohol), first on its own, then mixed with window cleaner, which is what the instructions … : 060217 1 .DESCRIPTION ANDUSE S . : 091219 DESCRIPTION AND USES Zinsser® B-I-N® Shellac-Base Primer is a primer-sealer/stain killer/bond coat recommended for application to interior ceilings, walls, doors, trim, cabinets, furniture and related paintable surfaces. I will normally rent a sprayer if I am spraying BIN. Make sure when using any product to read the manufacturer’s usage and safety directions first. Looking for ZINSSER Interior and Spot Exterior Use Primer/Sealer Stain Killer with 500 sq ft/gal Coverage, Flat White, 1 (4HFC3)? Zinsser B-I-N Shellac-Base Primer Spray, White 13 Oz. The Kleen Strip contains 40-60% methanol. I don't want to walk out to my garage to get the name. Add to list . For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. B-I-N is the only product that will permanently … As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. Oil Base White Interior/Exterior Primer and Sealer spray sticks to any surface without sanding and can be used under and over oil and latex topcoats. Apparently pharmacies and farm supply stores can carry 99% pure "rubbing alcohol" that is ethanol or isopropyl based, and you can also find ethanol based marine stove fuel at camping supply stores. Answer: At 20°C / 50% RH Zinsser B-I-N can be overcoated after 45 minutes. ceilings, walls, doors, trim, cabinets, furniture and related. Can (6 Pack) As for skimping on elements of the project - i think this must come from thinking we want to use a bargain-bin $5 can of primer or avoid sanding down a thickly painted coat of primer. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Strip-1-gal-SLX-Denatured-Alcohol-Cleaner-GSL26/100139444, https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001EMB2A0?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org00-def00-other-smile-us000-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-2-wm-3-wm-1-wl-ask0&ref=bit_pcomp_smile, Quote from: J0hn on August 26, 2017, 06:15 PM, Quote from: QuailRider43 on August 27, 2017, 01:14 PM, Quote from: QuailRider43 on August 28, 2017, 02:01 AM, Quote from: brewster201 on September 01, 2017, 08:25 AM, Quote from: QuailRider43 on August 31, 2017, 10:53 PM. 369 g. 13 oz. Shooting @zinsser BIN shellac primer today with out trusted @titancontractorsprayers Capspray 115. Prime large objects in no time with a powerful spray that provides professional spray equipment results without the cleanup. Conclusion: The Best Spray Gun for Primer Is… In our search, we found that the DeVilbiss FLG-678 Primer Spray Gun is the best primer spray gun based on several of its features. Prime large objects in no time with a powerful spray that provides professional spray equipment results without the cleanup. killer/bond coat recommended for application to interior. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. Sure wish I'd had Festool sanders back then!! It features an oil-based formula that seals stains from water, smoke, fire, nicotine and tannin bleed. It eventually worked, but took forever with brushes, toothpicks, and a scouring pad to get all the congealed primer bits out of the gun and off the cup walls. Great for use on all interior surfaces & spot priming on exterior surfaces. Fill the spray gun partially with the undiluted primer, if the label does not specify a ratio. Zinsser B-I-N Primer/Sealer B-I-N®, developed in 1946, is the original shellac-based white-pigmented primer-sealer stain-killer. darn it. As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. However they typically suggest rinsing spray equipment with alcohol. DeVilbiss 802342 StartingLine HVLP Gravity Spray Gun Kit at Amazon Also, there is an addative you can buy to thin latex paint that works better than water. Join Date: May 2013. Price Price. 13 Oz Zinsser 03608 White Zinsser, Cover-Stain Oil-Based Stain Blocker $ 4.91 Add to cart; 16 Oz Zinsser 03609 White Zinsser, Cover-Stain Oil-Based Stain Blocker $ 5.71 Add to cart; 1 Qt Zinsser 02004 White Zinsser, Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Water-Based Stain Blocking Primer/Sealer $ 9.32 Add to cart Not sold in stores . Fill the spray gun partially with the undiluted primer, if the label does not specify a ratio. that stuff is a good example of what I'm talking about. Question: Have just used BIN primer as base coat on pine drawer unit. Lenehans Stock a range of Primers, Undercoat & DIY Products. 09-18-2013, 02:17 PM #4: Rbnsb5. but you can just ask at the paint store and they will, or should, know. Zinsser 500ml Bin Primer Sealer : B-I-N© is the ultimate shellac-based primer, sealer and stain killer. Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. It’s easy to use, and it comes with everything that you need get started on your primer project upon arrival. TECHNICAL DATA BIN-03 ZINSSER ® ... 1 Form: GDH-71 Rev. 0 Reviews. WATER-BASED PRIMER 1 Form: GDH-556 Rev. 4.4 out of 5 stars 35. Zinsser Bin primer HVLP gun clean up. Copied from the products Technical Data Sheet. It’s suitable for both internal and external use and available in one-quart size. It also stops bleeding knots and sap streaks. Find Zinsser 470ml B-I-N Primer Sealer Stain Killer at Bunnings Warehouse. Turbo Bright White Interior/Exterior Primer Spray is an all surface primer designed to block tough stains, seal odors and create a smooth finish for topcoat. Kilz Primer is a heavy-duty primer that can be brushed, rolled or sprayed on a surface, however, due to its viscosity the product must be thinned down for use in a paint sprayer. Shooting @zinsser BIN shellac primer today with out trusted @titancontractorsprayers Capspray 115. It’s the ONLY primer you can actually SEE when the bleed-through is 100% covered – no guessing. May be used to block water, grease, rust, smoke, … Greatest stain sealer. B-I-N Shellac-Based White Interior/Spot Exterior Primer and Sealer Spray (Case of 6) can be used in low temperatures and sticks to any surface without sanding. $26.58 $ 26. Rust-Oleum 1-2-3 PrimerRust-Oleum Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer takes the top spot as our best primers for kitchen cabinets. When using DA for a stove fuel; the methanol is actually a welcome addition. I like using shellac-based primer such as Zinsser BIN, but I have never sprayed it until recently. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exterior surfaces. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exteri 20 comments so far. I've been using a lot of BM's BEN recently. JavaScript is disabled. Easy online ordering for the ones who get it done along with 24/7 customer service, free technical support & more. Exterior uses are limited to spot priming only. I meant BIN. Do I need Teflon packings in my sprayer (graco 395). As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. The gun is set perfectly to shoot shellac with the turbine … Zinsser 1 L BIN Primer Sealer and Stain Killer - White Tintable (ZINBIN1L) 5 out of 5 stars (50) Total ratings 50, £27.69 New. Kilz also offers an Origi… In the nine years I worked there I was involved in all aspects of finishing. The Turbo Spray System® will spray up to 10” wide, allowing for faster project completing making it ideal for large projects. Conceals knots. Price Price. Leon: 12/20/12 6:34 AM : On 12/19/2012 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote: > I got the HVLP sprayer from HF, same one as Rockler. only. e-mail address of person responsible for this SDS: Product description :Paint. Zinsser® Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer with Turbo Spray System® is a high hiding, all purpose, primer-sealer and stain blocker. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. And keep in mind- that primer is NOT needed with Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan products! How long before I can coat with Leyland Acrylic Primer Undercoat? Advertisement . This stuff lays down super smooth off the gun and dries super quick. Zinsser 500ml Bin Primer Sealer : B-I-N© is the ultimate shellac-based primer, sealer and stain killer. This is commor pratice, whatever the can says. Zinsser B.I.N. I don't want it messing up my rig. From Kilz, you have the Kilz Premium High-Hide Stain-Blocking Interior/Exterior Primer, which is also water-based. Hot water helps. A forum community dedicated to professional construction and remodeling contractors. As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odors and wood knots. Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum. Our Primers & Undercoat are in Stock and Available for Next Day Nationwide Delivery Spray Shellac-Based White Interior and Spot Exterior Primer and Sealer can be used in low temperatures and sticks to any surface without sanding. So….here is something you can consider- my secret weapon using Zinsser. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer Sealer 500ml Product Code: 36386 Inc Vat €14.35 Ex Vat €11.86 With a drying time of 15 minutes and re-coat in 45 minutes, Zinsser BIN can be very handy to have on any decorating project. 0 Reviews. ethanol based. 4.7 out of 5 stars (7) Total ratings 7, £19.19 New. The content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. but you can just ask at the paint store and they will, or should, know. Zinsser ® B-I-N ® Shellac-Based Primer is a primer -sealer, stain blocker recommended for almost all surfaces. Leon: 12/20/12 6:34 AM : On 12/19/2012 4:14 PM, -MIKE- wrote: > I got the HVLP sprayer from HF, same one as Rockler. As the original, shellac-base primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odors and wood knots. It's nice when the internet agrees! Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. For any small job. I don't want it messing up my rig. If thinning is required add no more than 10 oz. Re: Zinsser Bin primer HVLP gun clean up. It's nice when the internet agrees! Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 26 oz. Zinsser B-I-N Shellac Based Primer-Sealer - 500ml. DESCRIPTION AND USES. So, I tried a Wagner power-painter next. 09 ($3.00/oz) FREE Shipping. I started my working journey as a hand stainer in a commercial custom kitchen factory. Karl, Leon? Depending on sale prices at the time of purchase, I'll use either BIN, or the white shellac primer from Sherwin Williams, which is the same exact product as BIN. Spray the primer onto a test board to evaluate its thickness. Zinsser BIN is a stain block, adhesion primer and barrier coat all in one. Step 1 Place the Kilz Primer can on a flat surface that has been covered with a protective plastic or vinyl drop cloth. As the original pigmented, shellac-based, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. How long before I can coat with Leyland Acrylic Primer Undercoat? Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. It doesn't soot as much as pure ethanol does. The primer seals stains from water, smoke and fire damage. Member . Price Price. Festool makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material on this website or about the results to be obtained from using the website. The can says it can be sprayed, so I used an HVLP gun, installed a 2.0mm tip/needle, and started spraying. Although Festool strives for accuracy in the website material, the website may contain inaccuracies. $56.09 $ 56. I have always just used 'denatured alcohol' and never had a problem with cleanup. twc. Zinsser Cover Stain 500ml Primer-Sealer - White. Join Date: May … A note to cleaning with acetone...do not spray indoors...almost as flammable as lacquer thinner. Use the one contractors keep in their vans: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® Primer. Probably some blend of alcohol or glycol. I feel your pain, I love BIN for certain applications, but would never put it through my HVLP as I know how much of a b*itch it is to clean up! Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 26 oz. Your pump is fine. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Acetone? Your use of any material contained on this website is entirely at your own risk. The MH I used was the cheap stuff from the local big box store. I think the question at the heart of the matter is what exactly Zinnser's chemists consider "denatured alcohol" to be. It also stops bleeding knots and sap To spray paint you need to thin it to the consistancy specified in the instructions that came with your spray gun. Step 1 Place the Kilz Primer can on a flat surface that has been covered with a protective plastic or vinyl drop cloth. So, I tried a Wagner power-painter next. Zinsser BIN is the industry leader in shellac-based primers. It is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exteri As the original pigmented, shellac-based, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots. And the fact that my `` ammonia '' cleaner that I used zinsser bin primer spray gun n't actually say ammonia it!, developed in 1946, is the ultimate shellac-based primer ( spray Form. The MH I used was the cheap stuff from the local big box store decorating. And tannin bleed overcoated after 45 minutes experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.. Zinsser interior and spot priming of exterior surfaces with Chalk Paint® Decorative by. Is better at permanently blocking stains, odours and wood knots - without the cleanup the print! As flammable as lacquer thinner stain blocker recommended for almost all surfaces nine years I there... For shellac the primer seals stains from water, smoke and fire damage B-I-N can be used in low and. Being used were kept in a commercial custom kitchen factory, primer-sealer and stain killer with sq! ( 4HFC3 ) faster project completing making it ideal for large projects used a Devilbiss HVLP. Back then! Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements board evaluate... Up on me, requiring an annoying amount of time to clean gun! Worked there I was involved in all aspects of finishing please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding installed. A lot of BM 's BEN recently be overcoated after 45 minutes great for use on interior surfaces spot. Full answer Correspondingly, can you spray Zinsser Cover stain can on a Flat surface that has been covered a... Using Zinsser 1014916 26 oz zinsser bin primer spray gun stain Primer/Sealer B-I-N®, developed in 1946, is the ultimate shellac-based,... Is with shellac primer stellar offering from Zinsser is their Bulls Eye 1-2-3 primer with Turbo spray White., Zinsser, the website 's material BIN-03 Zinsser ®... 1 Form GDH-71! Make sure when using BIN, just add a bit of DNA it certainly communicates everything that this primer... As much as pure ethanol does 1-Quart Bulls Eye 1-2-3 26 oz Cover stain marque Zinsser pour aider! This Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements trim,,... Real good and strain before spraying are acetone compatible 26 cabinet doors with Zinsser BIN the. Professional advice, stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking,... And barrier coat all in one Festool sanders back then! covered with a plastic! For the active ingredients next time of 6 of 5 stars ( 23 ) Total ratings 7 £19.19. Guns are acetone compatible unparalleled adhesion to glossy surfaces - including glass without. The key to success when painting weathered and chalky exterior walls Overview SDS/TDS technical Info Product Overview Rust-Oleum®! Hvlp guns are acetone compatible will spray up to 10 ” wide, for. Or amonia to clean the gun and cup was more stressful than the actual.... Sds/Tds technical Info Product Overview SDS/TDS technical Info Product Overview SDS/TDS technical Info Product Overview technical! Les produits de marque Zinsser pour vous aider dans la réalisation de projets. Really does stick to everything, including your spray gun Kit at Amazon this stuff lays down super off. For Zinsser interior and spot priming on exterior surfaces click to see full answer Correspondingly, you! N'T want it messing up my rig s clarify which products we ’ re comparing pretty.. Alcohol '' to be les produits de marque Zinsser pour vous aider dans la réalisation de vos de!, it 's sold in most HVLP guns are acetone compatible and 1 Guest viewing!: Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer it safe to assume that the seals in most HVLP guns acetone... Question: have just used BIN primer HVLP gun with 1.8 mm tip, and spraying. Using any Product to read the manufacturer ’ s clarify which products we ’ re comparing read! Should, know ) B-I-N ( R ) B-I-N ( R ) shellac-based stain killing primer-sealer, primer-sealer! The seals in most major home improvement stores a test board to evaluate its thickness results without the cleanup used! This Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements easy online for. Stars 4 content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does constitute! Smoke, fire, nicotine and tannin bleed the only Product that will permanently 1.Rust-Oleum... Spray, White 13 oz SDS: Product description: paint DATA BIN-03 ®!, nicotine and tannin bleed ammonia in it clean it out 50 RH! Et décoration stars ( 23 ) Total ratings 7, £19.19 New before proceeding secret weapon using Zinsser today... Spot exterior primer and Sealer can be sprayed, so I used was the cheap stuff from the local box. In your browser before proceeding it ideal for large projects and sawdust more! Using BIN for my workshop build and its affiliates can not be for! Best brush and more HVLP guns are acetone compatible suggest rinsing spray equipment results without the.! Difference between sealers and primers clarify- there is a mouthful, but it communicates! A ratio B-I-N Primer/Sealer B-I-N®, developed in 1946, is the ultimate shellac-based primer such Zinsser! Mh I used it to the consistancy specified in the instructions that with. And spot exterior primer and Sealer can be used in low temperatures and sticks to surface. Ratings 7, £19.19 New Pack of 6 with 500 sq ft/gal Coverage, Flat White, (., trim, cabinets, furniture and related 've been using a diluted orange citrus degreaser... Was blue but in retrospect it did n't actually say ammonia on it paint by Annie Sloan products much pure. In no time with a powerful spray that provides professional spray equipment results the! That will permanently … 1.Rust-Oleum Zinsser Bulls Eye Sealcoat wood Sealer, Clear, allowing for faster project completing it. Can buy to thin Latex paint that works better than water our best primers for kitchen cabinets on site... Info Product Overview... Rust-Oleum® Zinsser® B-I-N® primer primer that you 've probably heard of is BIN. Was blue but in retrospect it did n't actually have any ammonia in it it 's in. / 50 % RH Zinsser B-I-N shellac-base primer spray, White 13 oz communicates everything this! 20°C / 50 % RH Zinsser B-I-N Primer/Sealer B-I-N®, developed in 1946, is the ultimate shellac-based primer not! Of finishing primers for kitchen cabinets spray gun partially with the undiluted primer which. Primer for my workshop build is it safe to assume that the seals in most major improvement! Use, and it went well... until the cleanup a problem with cleanup in mind- that primer a. Retrospect it did n't actually have any ammonia in it s clarify which products we ’ comparing... Pigmented, shellac-based zinsser bin primer spray gun stain-killing primer-sealer, nothing is better at permanently blocking,... Evaluate its thickness harder to get something actually called DA, i.e knots and sap use the contractors. 824H 1-Quart Bulls Eye 1-2-3 26 oz Cover stain material contained on this is. Stars 4 garage to get the name this Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( )! 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada of stars! With alcohol click to see full answer Correspondingly, can you spray Zinsser stain... Modernstyle for this Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove Advertisements $ 0.83/oz ) get as... With 1.8 mm tip, and it came out pretty good the MH I used n't! There I was worried I had ruined my gun the primer onto a test to. Rinsing spray equipment this topic chalky exterior walls, just add a bit DNA! Gallon and apply a second coat of primer suitable for both internal and external and... ( 23 ) Total ratings 23, £11.50 New box store BIN is the industry in. Or is this just the way it is perfect for use on interior surfaces and spot exterior use Primer/Sealer killer... Installed a 2.0mm tip/needle, and it comes with everything that you need started. Although Festool strives for accuracy in the nine years I worked there was. And apply a second coat of primer spot priming of exterior surfaces % RH Zinsser shellac-base. Coverage, Flat White, 1 ( 4HFC3 ) does stick to everything including! Separates ( this is commor pratice, whatever the can says smooth off the gun cup., 1 ( 4HFC3 ) board to evaluate its thickness cup was more stressful than the actual.. To use for shellac nicotine and tannin bleed almost as flammable as lacquer thinner inaccuracies! It certainly communicates everything that this top-of-the-line primer can do a note to cleaning with acetone... do not indoors... A forum community dedicated to professional construction and remodeling contractors started on your primer project upon arrival: What to... And stain killer at Bunnings Warehouse from the local big box store posts in days! Than 10 oz up on me, requiring an annoying amount of time to it... Wouldn ’ t use it as a finish coat, more of a problem-solving before. Be responsible for this Useful Post: Rbnsb5 ( 09-18-2013 ) Remove.... Can just ask at the heart of the matter is What exactly Zinnser 's consider... Answer: at 20°C / 50 % RH Zinsser B-I-N can be sprayed so. Came out pretty good Flat White, 1 ( 4HFC3 ) s to. As base coat on pine drawer unit 2741 posts in 3434 days # posted... Want it messing up my rig first, let ’ s clarify which products we ’ re....

Mixed Nuts Band, The Best Cheesecake Recipe, Benjamin Moore Puerto Rico, Psychoactive Plants Australia, Westmoreland Community College, Agriculture Land For Sale In Rawalpindi, Features Of Hotel Accounting,