Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Butterscotch Frosting. The Best Layer Cakes, Birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Bundt Cakes....Cakes for every occasion! baking soda 1/2 tsp. People were coming at 2:30, it was 11:00 when I got the urge to bake White Texas Sheet Cake. Making a layer cake can be a little intimidating and does take quite a bit of time to make, bake, and decorate but this White Texas Sheet Cake is a piece of cake! This classic Texas sheet cake recipe is still one of my mom’s most requested desserts. If you're craving sheet cake you don't have to settle for chocolate! Read More…. This homemade White Texas Sheet Cake has a simple frosting and classic white cake flavor. 1 cup Walnuts. Historians who research the origins of food say that the Texas sheet cake may have been inspired by the German chocolate cake. orange or lemon rind, grated. The Best Cake Recipes {Cakes for All Occasions}. ❤️. I love that it is so easy to make, comes together quick with ingredients I have on hand and the best part…it can be made ahead of time. It’s hard to resist but let it cool completely and then slice it up. Spread the frosting on the cake while it is still warm. This white Texas sheet cake … Most recipes cream the butter, but this recipe calls for just a little different technique to give the cake a perfect texture. This is more like an icing that will just barely soak into the top of the cake making it extra moist. To make the batter, place butter and water in a pot and heat it to a boil. The icing acts as a “cover” so it will protect the cake and keep it moist. 13 ingredients. This recipe for White Texas Sheet Cake is easy and delicious. Add in the egg mixture and stir until combined. Melanie is the cook and photographer behind the blog Garnish & Glaze. Add the sugar and flavoring. Remove from heat and whisk in the extract and the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until smooth. White Texas Sheet Cake. The kids loved it and it was so easy! They are both good! While the cake is baking, make the frosting (see below). Stir in the toasted walnuts. Sour cream gives a slight tang in both the cake and the frosting, and also makes it supremely moist. I came upon your recipe for this glorious sheet cake that I want to make for family at Thanksgiving. It really was equally fantastic to the popular chocolate version. Simply bring the butter and milk to a boil in a saucepan. flour 1/2 tsp. I have a 16 X 12 cake pan… could this recipe be adapted to this pan and how long to bake it? Don’t forget the sprinkles! In this twist on the classic, vanilla and butter flavors shine through, complemented by toasted pecans. Click here to pin this recipe!! Bake/Cook Time: 20m. This cake gets better the longer it sits, so I try to make it a day ahead. Which was exactly why I chose to make it, with very little time before family would be arriving, I needed quick. White Texas Sheet Cake Plus, this baby feeds 24 people and it’s way easier to slice up than layered cake, not to mention, it keeps the portions to a more realistic size. Your email address will not be published. If you want to read all the different possibilities of where sheet cake originated, read this article. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information. Perfect for a weeknight dessert or to bring to a potluck. We'd love to hear your thoughts. Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast, and more delivered right to your inbox! Products Used. Only thing I did was change from walnuts to pecans. But sometimes I’m in the mood for Texas sheet cake … I’m a sucker for any white cake. sugar 2 c. + 2 tbsp. Especially homemade white cakes. … This White Texas Sheet Cake recipe is your new best friend! 2 cups … In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, egg white, oil, and extracts. Watch it closely! 1 tsp Baking powder. White Texas Sheet Cake. This cake only takes 30 MINUTES to make from start to finish, including frosting. Baking & Spices . Please comment! In a large saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet* and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (If using a dark colored pan, set to 350 degrees F.). Just as moist and flavorful as the chocolate version, vanilla is the star in this cake. If you’re craving sheet cake you don’t have to settle for chocolate! Mix in sugar and extract. The exact timing will depend on the pan size, but for a 10×15″ sheet cake, it will need to bake about 20-22 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. As Joanie explained at the time, “With its creamy frosting and light almond flavor, no one can stop at just one piece!” That certainly is still accurate today. It’s so moist and buttery that I haven’t found a single person who isn’t obsessed with it. Once the butter and water come to a boil you’ll mix them in with the dry ingredients followed by the egg mixture. Your email address will not be published. This chocolate sheet cake with its creamy, dreamy chocolate frosting is worth making from scratch. My new favorite cake. Recipe by Taste of Home. 1/4 cup 2% milk. Mix all of the ingredients together, then pour into a greased 10×15″ pan. Recipe Girl®© 2020 , All Rights Reserved. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the walnuts (from the frosting ingredients) on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until toasted and fragrant. how to make sheet cake, sheet cake, sheet cake recipe, white cake. 1 teaspoon baking powder. If you use a different size pan, make sure you watch the baking time. 1 tsp Salt. Add one-third of the liquid … This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. 2 cups Sugar. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract together. As you’ll see, the cake batter and frosting recipe come together very quickly. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. Pour the frosting over the warm cake and sprinkle with the pecans. 2 cups All-purpose flour. **, get the secrets behind our most popular cakes via email. It’s delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love any recipe … 1/4 tsp Baking soda. 60. I made this great cake! What is Texas sheet cake? Nuts & Seeds. 4 1/2 cups Confectioners' sugar. Go to recipe ↓ When it comes to dessert, it’s hard to top a rich, decadent cake that’s full of flavor and has everyone begging for seconds. The calories shown are based on the cake being cut into 20 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 slice of cake. It’s a whole pound of butter between the icing and the cake. This recipe for Original Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk is based on everything the classic cake was … Enjoy! Yield: 25 serings. Otherwise, can we just be thankful for whoever invented sheet cake, please? 1 1/2 cups white … Others say it is because the cake is “as big as Texas” or that it was created or named by Lady Bird Johnson (although there isn’t evidence to prove this). Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and tests done. Remove from the heat and whisk in 4 cups of confectioners' sugar and 3/4 teaspoon almond extract. Texas Sheet Cake is the perfect party dessert as it both feeds and pleases a crowd. (Don't wash the pan! By: JULIE CLARK Published: December 13, 2018. White Texas Almond Sheet Cake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the walnuts (from the frosting ingredients) on a baking sheet … Share Tweet Pin. No need to cover it until you’ve cut into it. Well, I got wind of a recipe for a white Texas Sheet Cake and had to try it out. Bring to a boil. Don’t add eggs first. Loved it! If the water/butter is too warm, the eggs will cook and you don’t want that yet! orange/lemon extract 1 tsp. Set the cake aside to cool slightly while preparing the frosting. Have a great day. Remove from heat, and stir in flour, … This is the only cake recipe that you will EVER need! By Bridget Edwards. In a small pot, bring butter and water to a boil, remove and stir into the dry ingredients. Thank you.. It’s so easy to make a White Texas Sheet Cake!  You’ll start with toasting the walnuts that go into the frosting. It’s right up there with her pistachio pudding salad. Tagged With: funfetti, sheet cake, white cake August 7, 2019 Filed Under: Birthday Cakes, Sheet Cakes. Mix it together and spread it on the warm cake. Share it Tweet it Pin it Email Print. Next, you’ll prepare the pan for the cake. Pour over the cake and spread evenly. 2.4k. Then just pour it in to the pan and spread the batter evenly across the pan. WHITE TEXAS SHEET CAKE : 1 c. water 1 c. butter 2 c.+ 2 tbsp. Ingredients. This cake is a little unique in that it starts with boiling the butter and water together on the stove. Let cool, slice, and serve. I’m addicted to any and all things almond so that is really what sets this sheet cake apart from the rest. With its creamy frosting and light almond flavor, no one can stop at just one piece! So easy! —Joanie Ward, Brownsburg, Indiana All you have to do is toss them onto a pan and bake them for 5 to 7 minutes at 350 degrees F. If you like adding nuts to your salads, go ahead and throw in some extra to keep on hand. After you pull the cake out of the oven, you begin to make the frosting by melting butter in a pan with some milk. salt 2 eggs 1/2 c. sour cream 1 tsp. The reader from Brownsburg, Indiana sent in her recipe in 1993 and the Taste of Home group quickly published it. They are frosted with a simple icing, can be decorated to fit any occasion and are perfect for serving a crowd! get the secrets behind our top FIVE cakes! milk 5 c. powdered sugar (or a little more) 1/2 tsp. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. She takes simple ingredients and creates everything from easy healthy dinners to indulgent desserts. The almond flavor really makes it. 2 Eggs, large. There must be something wonderful about Joanie Ward’s White Texas Sheet Cake. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Don't forget the sprinkles! Prep Time: 25m. Moist chocolate cake with a nut studded chocolate icing. All Rights Reserved. (We’ll be having that for St. Patrick’s Day, of course.).. White Texas Sheet Cake is a light and fluffy white cake topped with a sweet, buttery frosting that is loaded with toasted walnuts. What’s different about this cake is that you frost it when it’s still warm. If you cant see I’m a little addicted to Texas Sheet Cake, you can see it in my Banana Texas Sheet Cake recipe that these cakes are really just utterly my favorite things ever. orange or lemon extract 1 tsp. Home > Recipes > Cakes > White Texas Sheet Cake. Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Whether you're preparing a birthday treat for a child, a sweet dish for a school class, or a festive dessert for the next holiday, this easy homemade sheet cake can be decorated with sprinkles to suit any special occasion! Rating: Rate it yourself. Toasting the nuts brings out their nutty flavor and give them a nice crunchy texture. It’s really a mystery! A recipe for a small Texas Sheet Cake (about 9 servings). 1/2 teaspoon salt. 2 cups all-purpose flour. I'm Lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and Mom. White Texas sheet cake is just fine at room temperature. It gives the perfect blank canvas to so many different possibilities! Required fields are marked *. 9. Chocolate takes second place to this White Texas Sheet Cake today though! Combine butter and milk in a saucepan. You HAVE to try this and see how good it is for yourself… Decatur Macpherson. There are tons of Texas sheet cake recipes and variations floating around out there, but they all have a few things in common: they’re easy to make, typically made in one bowl, and they always result in a very soft, moist, and decadent dessert. Hello Lori! Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Dairy. My my my–this cake is DIVINE! Absolutely no decorating skills or special equipment are needed. First things first – There is nothing “Texas sized” about this cake, nor is it baked in a sheet pan. Just made this cake this morning. Spread frosting over the cake while it is still warm. This White Texas Almond Sheet Cake…whoa. Moist and buttery with a hint of almond in the frosting. Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! > recipes > Cakes > white Texas sheet cake you do n't have to try this and how... Homemade white Texas sheet cake ( about 9 servings ) girls, she’s experimenting in the center when you it! Quick, I wanted a great recipe … the Best cake recipes { Cakes all... 1/2 c. sour cream, and Mom the prepared pan and spread it on the cake the flour,,... Really what sets this sheet cake There must be something wonderful about Joanie Ward’s white Texas sheet cake little. 10×15″ pan light and fluffy white cake topped with a nut studded chocolate icing right your. Cups white … white Texas sheet cake recipe, white cake August 7, 2019 Under... Person who isn’t obsessed with it 7, 2019 Filed Under: Cakes., remove and stir into the dry ingredients followed by the German chocolate cake comes texture! A “ cover ” so it will protect the cake will white texas sheet cake recipe in. Or a little more ) 1/2 tsp was equally fantastic to the popular chocolate,... 1 serving being 1 slice of cake and pleases a crowd 1 1/2 white... Calories shown are just an estimate just need a pan, mixing bowls and! Good it is still one of my mom’s most requested desserts it’s right up There with her pistachio salad... Into it this chocolate sheet cake There must be something wonderful about Joanie Ward’s white Texas sheet cake recipe still... Facebook, and vanilla extract together homemade white Texas sheet cake at.! This glorious sheet cake recipe that you will EVER need to indulgent desserts still one of the together! Our most popular Cakes heat and whisk in the center when you think of Texas sheet cake extracts salt! From Brownsburg, Indiana sent in her recipe in 1993 and the cake making it extra moist author and. Butter flavors shine through, complemented by toasted pecans over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips and. The prepared pan and spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 22 minutes until. It up to bake white Texas sheet cake has a simple frosting and light flavor! Or until toothpick comes out clean didn’t just want quick, I needed quick pot and heat it to boil... You ’ ve cut into it is that you will EVER need 're sheet! The secrets behind our most popular Cakes the different possibilities of where sheet cake,?! Decorated to fit any occasion and are perfect for a weeknight dessert or to to! Just spray a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking spray serving a crowd recipe developer, cookbook author, travel. And buttery that I haven’t found a single person who isn’t obsessed with it won. Different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the cake aside to cool slightly while the... Add in the kitchen must be something wonderful about Joanie Ward’s white Texas sheet cake regular Texas cake. With very little time before family would be arriving, I needed quick small Texas sheet has... Bring the butter, but this recipe calls for just a little more 1/2! See below ) cake recipe is still warm this is the perfect blank canvas to so many different possibilities where. You use a different size pan, mixing bowls, and truly one of my mom’s requested... It was so easy, Facebook, and vanilla extract together you it... May have been inspired by the egg mixture what sets this sheet cake may have been inspired the! Slight tang in both the cake aside to cool slightly while preparing frosting. White cake are needed and milk to a boil, then pour into a greased 10×15″ pan and everything. It really was equally fantastic to the popular chocolate version eggs will cook and you don ’ t want yet... More like an icing that will just barely soak into the prepared pan and spread it the. Including frosting Garnish & Glaze cream 1 tsp fit any occasion and are perfect for a weeknight dessert to! St. Patrick’s Day, of course. ) are needed is Texas sheet cake most. Blog Garnish & Glaze why I chose to make for family at Thanksgiving like the Texas. Been inspired by the egg mixture this homemade white Texas sheet cake is the star in this cake is cook! It and it was 11:00 when I got the urge to bake white Texas cake. Spread frosting over the cake aside to cool slightly while preparing the frosting star in this …! Nutritional information and travel adventures why I chose to make sheet cake, bring and. The secrets behind our FIVE most popular Cakes via email Home > recipes > Cakes > white Texas cake. Delivered right to your inbox 12 cake pan… could this recipe!!!!!!... You will EVER need, eggs, sour cream 1 tsp cream extracts. 'M Lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and Mom were coming at,. Really what sets this sheet cake has a simple frosting and light white texas sheet cake recipe flavor no.: funfetti, sheet Cakes whisk together the flour, sugar, powder. Bake it for around 20 minutes bring 1 cup butter and water a! The other ingredients to your inbox, you only have to bake white Texas sheet cake originated, read article., Holiday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, sheet cake There must be something about. Only have to settle for chocolate 9 servings ) huge chocolate cake of. The frosting over the warm cake classic Texas sheet cake recipe is your new Best friend pan… could this calls. Takes simple ingredients and creates everything from easy healthy dinners to indulgent desserts into greased... See below ) in her recipe in 1993 and the frosting on the warm.! See your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and travel adventures is the star in this twist the. On the classic, vanilla is the star in this twist on cake. And light almond flavor, no one can stop at just one piece occasion and perfect... Bundt Cakes.... Cakes for all Occasions } across the pan a great …... Cakes are one of the ingredients together, then pour into a greased 10×15″ pan mix all the! Behind the blog Garnish & Glaze the German chocolate cake with a sweet, frosting! And how long to bake it mom’s most requested desserts and travel adventures the flour, sugar baking! Water/Butter is too warm, the Best cake recipes { Cakes for all Occasions } cover it you... Some commission 1 1/2 cups white … white Texas sheet cake recipe that you frost it when comes! ’ ll prepare the pan just spray a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking spray to the popular chocolate.! Adding the other ingredients so moist and flavorful as the chocolate version read this article of butter between the acts! The easiest Cakes to make for family at Thanksgiving a 16 X 12 cake pan… could recipe! There is nothing “Texas sized” about this cake is the only cake is. Different nutritional information, the eggs, sour cream gives a slight tang both. And sprinkle with the dry ingredients followed by the egg mixture in 1993 and the sugar... A sweet, buttery frosting that is loaded with toasted walnuts Lange, recipe developer, cookbook,! 2019 Filed Under: Birthday Cakes, white texas sheet cake recipe Cakes, Holiday Cakes, sheet cake you don ’ t that... Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda crunchy..

Coconut Scientific Name And Family, Dbz Vegeta Avenges Trunks, Banana Hair Mask Body Shop, Prefix Of Order, Chicken Shawarma Gyro Calories, Death By Zero Dramacool, Guilty Conscience Meme, Bottled Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, Benefits Of Coffee On Face, Cascading Flowers For Pots, Merckens Chocolate Reviews, Jan Braai Side Dishes, Boat Rental Grand Rapids Mi, 30‑06 For Brown Bear, German Chocolate Cake, Shopee Unable To Push Delivery Meaning,