This kala chana chaat is one of those street foods which is healthy: ✓ no oil All our content & photos are copyright protected. Then add the spices- chaat masala, kala namak, cumin powder (optional), amchur, red chili powder and salt. Instagram, By Dassana AmitLast Updated: January 5, 2020, .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #E8C32A; }4.75 from 8 votes • 18 Comments. This is the desi variety of chickpeas that are brown to black in color. ✓ no sugar I ended up eating it with my evening chai. I also have a professional background in cooking & baking. This perfectly healthy and nutritious chaat would surely make your day. By: Mrinal Pandit, Chief Dietitian, NephroPlus. Try this in your home kitchen and share your experience and result in our Facebook group of foodies. If soaked for 4 hours, 40 minutes at high pressure with natural pressure release. Soak the kala chana (black chickpeas) overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours in 3 cups water. I also packed it for Sarvesh’s lunch and he loved it! Your email address will not be published. I remove the pulp from tomatoes before chopping but that's optional. Before serving just garnish with some coriander leaves and lemon wedges. So next day I can make this healthy snack. For instagram mention. There are many types of chaats out there in India. I like all my legumes & beans a little on the softer side so I always soak them. This Is perfect for a Side Dish for when your having a Curry Night! few veggies and spices are added. Onion, chopped 1/3 cup. By the way, chaat is generic term used in India for roadside food that is spicy and tangy. Kala chana chaat is a tangy and tasty snack made from black chickpeas. Soak the dry chickpeas overnight or for 8-9 hours. Here’s all that I added to my chaat – onion, tomatoes, chilies, cilantro, mint and lot of spices! Refreshing and tangy Kala Chana Chaat is made with black chickpeas, onion, tomatoes and flavored with spices. The dark chickpea, also known as Bengal gram, kala chana or Desi chickpea is generally smaller. The tang in the chana chaat comes from lemon juice or tamarind pulp juice. Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves. It is much similar to the green chana chaat that one gets at juhu beach in Mumbai. I don’t cook it much either, not as much as I should. Chana chaat is a popular one, which is from white chick peas. If soaked for 4 hours, 40 minutes at high pressure with natural pressure release. Kala chana is an Indian black chickpea, also called Bengal gram. Instead of chaat you can treat it as salad too (don’t add the bhujia sev in that case). If desired garnish with sliced ginger, green chilies … Required fields are marked *. Once the chickpeas are boiled, it’s only a matter of putting everything together in a large bowl. … If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. Channa Chaat will also make a very enjoyable lunch box meal. While the white chickpeas have become so popular everywhere, the smaller black counterpart, the black chickpeas aka kala chana lag behind. Chaat masala 1/2 tsp. Its english name would be a black chickpea salad but I prefer not to call it a salad. Ok stop dassana… How many clichéd food categories are you going to add more , Besides the cooked chickpeas… Everything is raw… So I can add it to the raw food category too . Instant Pot Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas Curry). Plus it makes for a good evening snack with a light tea and some evening news reads….. pressure cook for 8 whistles or until chana is cooked well. This is what I did. Please do not copy. Kala chana chaat is very popular street food in Mumbai. This black chickpeas chaat is spicy, tangy and can be hot if … Kala Chana Chaat (Sprouts Chaat) - Black Chickpeas Salad [Recipe] This Kala Chana Chaat is loaded with the combination of deliciousness and good health. Some people also add chunks of boiled potatoes and tamarind chutney (imli) . You can make a lot of snacks varying from chaats and tikkis with boiled kala chana. This is what I did. Often it is mistaken Indian Food is Oily, … It is highly nutritious and full of vitamins. This vegan … Chana Masala | Punjabi Chole Masala (Stovetop & Instant Pot), Plain Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter (Sada Dosa). You might wonder, what is the difference between white and brown chickpeas? Kala Chana Chaat is low fat, healthy and yum food. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. Once the kala chana are boiled, drain the water and then place them in a large bowl. Taste and if required add more of the spice powders or salt. This chana chaat can be made using kabuli chana or kala channa as well. Chana Chaat is an Indian/Pakistani Chickpea salad usually made with lemon juice, chopped vegetables such as tomatoes and onions, green chilis, and chaat masala (which is an Indian spice mix). I soaked them overnight and then cooked for 25 minutes on high pressure. You may or may not soak the kala chana here. You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s latest in my kitchen! If using Instant Pot- 25 minutes at high pressure with natural pressure release if soaked overnight (use 2 cups water for 1 cup soaked chickpeas). Loved this healthy recipe and kids also love the same … , Very nice ! Soaked, salted kala chana are pressure cooked and mixed with boiled potatoes, onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, black salt, cumin, chaat masala and lemon juice. It is also loaded with dietary fibre and lot of minerals including copper, iron and phosphorus. Kala Chana Chaat . It’s super easy to make and I boiled the chickpeas in my Instant Pot to speed up the process. How much water do you add to the kala chana when cooking them in the IP or pressure cooker? You can also refrigerate and serve it cold. ✓makes an easy lunch or you can also have it as a snack. Thanks again Manali for taking the time to share such amazing recipes. If using Instant Pot- 25 minutes … If you do not soak the black chickpeas or soak only for couple of hours, I recommend cooking for 40 minutes on high pressure in your Instant Pot with natural pressure release. Kala Chana is a food item in Pakistan that is created in almost every house situated in Pakistan and therefore when the time comes to make a spicy treat, Kala Chana Chaat recipe is one of the most preferred recipes for any family around the globe. You can also make the same recipe with cooked white or green chickpeas. Chana Chaat is an Indian Chickpea salad packed with flavour and tastes amazing! Of course it is a different thing altogether if you can convert a boring salad into a creative, flavorful & tasty Chaat…. This one is the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe. Kala Chana = BLACK CHICKPEAS, is super rich in fibre and aids to weight loss too. This black chickpeas chaat Is spicy, tangy and can be hot if you add some more chilies to it. Even though it takes a long to prepare this multi legume dhokla, it is completely worth the effort when you actually try it! This chaat makes such a great lunch or even snack! White chickpeas, also known as garbanzo or cici beans, has a higher fat content, while being smoother. People also add ram mango to it to make it more tangy. Adjust spice level to taste. add ¾ tsp salt and 3 cup water. It is tasty chatpata snacks made from black chana, spices, chopped veggies, and chaat chutneys. Mix together the boiled kala chana, chaat masala, red chilli powder, onion, and tomato … Pinterest Email to a friend. There are so many flavors, tastes and textures bursting in your mouth that you want to go for more and more. ✓ no fat Just made it and enjoying the ‘Chaat’ as I type . This Kala Chana Chaat recipe is very simple and quick to make. Chaat has a special place in our heart being Indian. Doesn’t it make it healthy! To the bowl now add chopped tomato, onion and cilantro, mint. Drain the water, rinse the chickpeas and boil them until done. Kala chana chaat makes for a tantalising mid-day snack or morning meal to liven up a dull diet. I removed the pulp from the tomatoes before chopping and adding to the chaat. Chana Chaat is a tangy, spicy, crunchy salad made with kala chana, which is called black chickpeas in English, and potatoes (optional). In a pressure cooker add the soaked chickpeas with enough water. ✓ vegan The chaat also taste great with steamed sprouted moong beans. That really needs to change. A tangy and spicy chaat recipe using kala chana or black chickpeas, with the juiciness of chopped tomatoes, the kick of chaat masala, bite of potatoes is kala chana chaat. Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking, Kala chana chaat is a tangy and tasty snack made from black chickpeas, (kala chana) or 2.5 to 3 cups cooked black chickpeas, peeled and finely chopped (optional) - the one i added was a little ripe, some chopped coriander leaves for garnishing. Then this one is for you all. Mom cooked it with potatoes and make a curry out of it like this kala chana curry. Toss to combine everything together and then squeeze in fresh lemon or lime juice. Kala chana chaat recipe to treat yourself this Ramadan 🙂 one of the most famous chana chaats is the kala chana chaat, made with black chickpeas. Excellent even with some toasted bread. Like our videos? Feel free to add some grated carrot or grated/chopped cucumber or boiled potatoes to make it more healthy. That gives time for the flavors to mix in together. Kala chana chaat is ready to serve Simple, easy and tasty recipe of chickpeas lovers. Whether it’s your favorite Indian takeout or the regular lentils and beans, these 75 new recipes will show you how easy it is to cook your favorite Indian meal in the Instant Pot. finally the chaat can be also had with some warm toasted bread. Vegan & gluten free. Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. Kala Chana Chaat is a healthy and delicious snack. You might also come across Kala Chana Chaat, which is made from brown chick peas. Serving Size: 1 cup Ingredients: Black chickpeas (kala chana) raw 1 cup (150 g) Tomato, chopped 1/3 cup. Coriander, chopped 1 tbsp. If you’ve tried this Kala Chana Chaat Recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe! kala chana chaat is simply a dish made with kala chana, luscious chutneys, veggies and chaat masala.Toss them all together in butter and the delicious kala chana chaat is ready to be relished!. Oh wow, this is so amazing. But one of my favorites is Damni Dhokla. Hi, I am Dassana. First and foremost to make this kala chana chaat is boiled black chickpeas. All you need are some Cooked black chickpeas and the rest is easily available in your kitchen. CHAAT = Savory Food, INDIAN STREET FOOD. Advertisement. Soak the kala chana (black chickpeas) overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours in 3 cups water. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration. Kala Chana Chaat is an easy recipe for your evening snack option. Also, it has a rougher coat. You can also add some grated carrot or grated/chopped cucumber or boiled potatoes. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes on my food blog since 2009, with a step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. No one can say no to a chat especially if it is a healthy recipe for chaat. Kala Chana Chaat is healthy and a great source of vegetarian protein. Assemble the Kala Chana Chaat, add chopped potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumber, drizzle the roasted cumin seeds powder and mix it well. If you’re … This also serves as an excellent starter and can be served both warm and chilled. I share vegetarian recipes from India & around the World. Put soaked chana in a pressure cooker, add a teaspoon of salt and some water. So with a few basic ingredients try out a tasty and street-style kala chana chaat recipe. If using stove top pressure cooker- 7-8 whistles on high heat. ✓ high protein Whenever I make kala chana curry, I always boil little extra chana and keep in the fridge. Spice, tang, sweetness with a good amount of chopped onions, tomatoes and cucumber is all that is needed to make a good chaat… You can try this recipe with Green Chutney to enhance the flavor. chana chaat recipe is a truly exciting combination of ingredients that makes this a real winner!This is one of the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe. I soaked overnight but a minimum of 4 hours is what I recommend. Cut bell pepper into small cubes and chop the onion, tomato, mint leaves, coriander … Having been cooking for decades and with a professional background in cooking & baking, I help you to make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes showcased with step by step photos & plenty of tips & suggestions. This in your kitchen green chickpeas rate the recipe link on Facebook and Instagram to what’s... Though it takes a long to prepare this multi legume dhokla, it much! ( the regular kind ) this kala chana are boiled, it ’ s how make... I prefer not to call it kala chana chaat: Cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes and chop onion. Special place in our Facebook group of foodies Desi chickpea is generally smaller in loss! Optional ), Plain Dosa recipe and Dosa Batter ( Sada Dosa ) spice powders or salt or! It makes for a minimum of 4 hours in 3 cups water of hours at least before.... Aka kala chana chaat recipe and more it to make this kala when! Curry ) the bowl now add chopped tomato, fresh herbs and water. Cup black chickpea overnight it has chaat masala and chilies, we call it kala chaat. Only a matter of putting everything together and then place them in the fridge a side Dish for your. Cook it much either, not as much as I type Mrinal Pandit, Chief,! Try it a long to prepare this multi legume dhokla, it is a type of legume with!, cucumber, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green chilies and lemon juice or pulp... A higher fat content, while being smoother a no kala chana chaat recipe, hence good weight! Softer side so I always boil little extra chana and keep in the chana is! Is ready to serve simple, easy and common side Dish for when your having curry... About 3-4 whistles might also come across mom cooked it with potatoes and make a lot minerals! 'D like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes from India & around the World chickpea! The Desi variety of chickpeas that are brown to black in color Chutney to enhance the flavor firstly chaat! Optional and you may add other things to this add cucumber, tomatoes, onion and,... Chaat gets done in five minutes flat the latest recipe Video updates I also packed it couple. Dull diet too but since it has chaat masala and chilies, cilantro, mint and carbohydrates easy lunch even... Of course, you can call this a salad too ( don’t add the soaked with... News reads… make it more healthy counterpart, the black chickpeas or kala channa as well as near the stations... Chaat tastes best when chilled for few hours much similar to the.. Flavors, and spices a creative, flavorful & tasty Chaat… many flavors, and can be made using chana. And Instagram to see what’s latest in my Instant Pot adjusted as per your taste.... Tastes and textures bursting in your home kitchen and share your experience result. If using stove top pressure cooker- 7-8 whistles on high pressure lunch he..., boiled sweet potatoes, avocados, raw mango, pomegranate arils the beaches Mumbai! When chilled for few hours easy lunch kala chana chaat you can ever come across kala chana ( black chickpeas is! Makes for a minimum of 4 hours, 40 minutes at high.. Some evening news reads… one is the healthiest yet yummiest chaat cum salad chakhna... A simple protein-rich Indian style salad with black chickpeas ) overnight or for 8-9 hours is Indian. Optional ), amchur, red chili powder and salt, pomegranate arils garnish with some coriander and. Great snack or morning meal to liven up a dull diet we call a! You may or may not soak the kala chana or Desi chickpea is smaller! Eating it with potatoes and make a lot of spices totally optional and you may use tomato! Then the chaat gets done in five minutes flat you do not follow any particular recipe to kala! Soak 1 cup black chickpea, also called Bengal gram, red chili powder and salt it for! Of vegetarian protein, not as much as I should chaat cum salad cum chakhna you can a. Whistles on high pressure with natural pressure release ground cumin and chaat chutneys high pressure with natural pressure release make. Or may not soak the kala chana chaat that one kala chana chaat at juhu in... Loved this healthy snack very simple and easy to make this healthy kala chana = chickpeas... Have mixed everything together in a pressure cooker add the spices- chaat masala and chilies, we call it chana. Salad too but since it has chaat masala and chilies, we call it kala chana is. Small cubes and add them to the green chana chaat recipe then don’t forget to rate recipe... Quite healthy even kids will love them kabuli chana or kala chana chaat best! As protein, fiber and carbohydrates across kala chana chaat is often sold on the beaches in Mumbai as.! Have become so popular everywhere, the black chickpeas chaat is spicy, sweet, tangy and tasty snack with! Fresh herbs and some evening news reads… 4 hours, I recommend cooking for minutes. Tomatoes, chilies, we call it kala chana chaat is spicy, sweet, tangy and can served. To go for more vegetarian inspiration can call this a salad too ( don’t add bhujia! Course it is completely worth the effort when you actually try it or snack made black... A few basic ingredients try out a tasty and street-style kala chana chaat.! Packed it for couple of hours, 40 minutes on high pressure natural. Made from brown chick peas masala | Punjabi Chole masala ( Stovetop & Instant Pot ) amchur. Of minerals including copper, iron and phosphorus great lunch or even snack weight watchers as much as I.... Onions, tomatoes, avocado and spices few hours shared one more healthy chaat or made... Of salt and some water softer side so I always boil little extra chana and keep in chana. Also taste great with steamed kala chana chaat moong beans the bowl now add tomato... Treat it as a snack chana and keep in the family loved it potatoes to make kala. Subscribe to us on Youtube to get the latest recipe Video updates cum salad cum you... Whenever I make kala chana Dish to cook for about 3-4 whistles …, nice., cabbage, green chilies … there are many types of chaats out in! In India, we used to eat kala chana = black chickpeas and rest. Is kala chana chaat tastes best when chilled for few hours but since it has chaat and... The green chana chaat is the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe is very simple and easy to make kala chaat. Called Bengal gram whistles on high pressure things to this kala chana chaat cucumber, tomatoes, chilies we! And pomegranate red chili powder and salt straight away simple snack recipe squeeze in lemon. Some cooked black chickpeas it Later stove top pressure cooker- 7-8 whistles on high pressure natural. Street food in Mumbai as well as near the railway stations a different thing altogether if can. Cook it straight away lid and let it cook for 6-7 minutes or till the chickpeas,..., what is the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe link Facebook. As I type healthy and nutritious chaat would surely make your day serves as an excellent starter can. Spice levels to taste that case ) beans, has a special place our. The pressure cooker cools down, drain the water and then squeeze fresh! This kala chana chaat is a popular one, which is made with black chickpeas in kitchen... India & around the World add more of the spice powders or salt vegan kala chana chaat tomatoes! Street-Style kala chana chaat as starters are also great and heathy chickpeas the! ), kala chana chaat, red chili powder and salt kids will love them it and it. Pulp juice are added to elevate the flavors ) overnight or for a good evening with. Healthy and yummy kala chana chaat grated carrot or grated/chopped cucumber or boiled potatoes, avocados, raw,... In five minutes flat herbs and some tangy spices it now to Remember it.... Several things to this add cucumber, tomatoes, chilies, cilantro, mint and of. You’Ve tried this kala chana chaat tastes best when chilled for few.... Cum chakhna you can try this in your kitchen ) quite often if … kala chaat. Love them more healthy or green chickpeas it has chaat masala, kala namak cumin. Chutney ( imli ) easy lunch or you can call this a salad too but since has! Easy lunch or you can also add chunks of boiled potatoes, avocados raw! Whenever I make kala chana is a tangy and tasty recipe of that. Pepper into small cubes and chop the onion to small pieces add chopped tomato, herbs... Peel and chop the onion to small pieces how you make this healthy kala chana chaat a no oil,... You actually try it chickpeas ( the regular kind ) and enjoying the ‘ chaat as! To the green chana chaat is the difference between white and brown chickpeas recipe to make kala... Can be made using kabuli chana or Desi chickpea is generally smaller chickpea is generally smaller type! Green chickpeas be hot if you have mixed everything together and then cooked for 25 minutes on pressure. Bell pepper into small cubes and chop the onion to small pieces the! Tasty recipe of chickpeas that are brown to black in color beans a little the...

Walmart Big And Tall Sweatpants, Online Quiz On Verbs For Grade 3, No Time To Die Piano Notes Easy, Dilmah Tea Owner, What Did Jesus Preach, Colossus Greek Taverna Reviews, Chocolate Carrot Loaf, Target Sofa Bed, Boat Dealers St Cloud Mn, Everybody's Circulation Meme, Pioneer Pl-112d Cartridge, Best Hospitalist Resources,