You get a soft and tender chocolate cupcake topped with an ooey gooey coconuty topping and its finished with a border of creamy chocolate … Bake cupcakes for 15-18 minutes. Of course we can be friends, I’ll just mock you forever for liking cake more than frosting.). Filling: Frosting: 1 pkg. For the filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flakes and pecans, and set aside. The Story: Last weekend, I baked 100 cupcakes at my family reunion for my father’s 60th birthday. Cooking is art. While the cupcakes are cooling, melt the chocolate. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cool throughout. ***, Make about 4 cups (enough to frost a large cake). Cassie is the founder and CEO of Wholefully. And then their face drops like I just told them Santa Claus is dead. German Chocolate is a chocolate layered cake, filled and topped with coconut-pecan frosting, very popular in the US. #cupcakes #germanchocolate #desserts German Chocolate Cupcakes Chocolate Cake:1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix3 eggs½ cup oil1 teaspoon vanilla extract¾ cup buttermilk1 cup sour creamGerman Chocolate … How Do You Make German Chocolate Cupcakes? Filling your German Chocolate cupcakes: I like to keep it pretty simple at this point, mainly because it can take a while to get them all prepped and finished (especially if you are in the habit of making mini cupcakes like I am). If you are one of those people who like the cake part of cupcakes, go ahead and leave right now. https://www.marthastewart.com/336433/german-chocolate-cupcakes To finish, use a serrated knife (and a gentle sawing motion) to split cupcakes in half horizontally. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../alternative-frosting-german-chocolate-cake German Chocolate Cupcakes made 1000X better with ganache filling! Bake cupcakes for 15-18 minutes. Instructions. German Chocolate Cupcakes with German Chocolate Ganache Filling Yield: 24 Cupcakes My Grandmother's German Chocolate Cake recipe turned into phenomenal cupcakes! Super moist, rich, chocolaty German Chocolate Cupcakes brimming with Chocolate Ganache all topped with caramel-esque sweet and crunchy Toasted Coconut Pecan Frosting! https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/german-chocolate-cupcakes 12 tablespoons unsalted butter. Heat … Preheat the oven to 350°. But for some reason, a big ole lump of the non-traditional frosting on top of a cupcake didn’t appeal to me. Yields: 1 1/2 cups Loaded with butter, brown sugar, toasted pecans and shredded coconut. Food is my love language, and my kitchen tips and nourishing recipes are my love letter to you! German chocolate cupcakes … In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, vanilla, egg yolks and evaporated milk. Heat for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate ½ c. water 4 eggs, separated 2 c. flour 1 tsp. It should be cold. Shhh, don't tell my mother-in-law! Filling: Frosting: 1 pkg. If you know anything about me, you could have probably guessed what my cake is—German Chocolate Cake. As I did not have time to make a whole cake, I thought , why not make some cupcakes. For the Frosting/Filling: Combine the evaporated milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks and vanilla and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted. (4 oz.) My Dad gets a marble cake. You can choose to completely cover the filling or decorate around the edges (like I did here) with the chocolate butter frosting. Calling these cupcakes is almost misleading. Overnight would be best. These are incredibly delicious and perfect for birthdays and holidays. A chocolate cupcake gets dressed up with chocolate frosting, German chocolate frosting, and a raspberry filling. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Top with more chopped pecans, if you like. Plus, thanks to the little pudding trick (add one box of pudding to your cake mix, follow the rest of the directions as written), my cake mix cakes are super moist and gooey. 2. Either eat at once, or transfer to the refrigerator to allow the icing to set. German Chocolate Bourbon Cupcakes printable. 1 1/2 cups sugar. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners. Every January my dad, who always said he didn’t care for sweets, would have a huge slab of said cake for his birthday. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside. Anywho, I’ll leave the cake part of up to (after all, totally the least important part), but what I will share are my recipes for the two frostings I used and my method for filling a cupcake. Add in vegetable oil, milk, egg and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 … Baking is science. Duncan Hines cream cheese, salt, chocolate cake mix, egg, sugar, chocolate frosting 2. German Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Caramel Filling and Traditional Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe: adapted from Baker's German Sweet Chocolate Cake The Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350°F. Time for a bit of food blogger honesty, I really don’t like baking. CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:-----Preheat oven to 325*F Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Filling. I’m not sure what is going on, but the next time I make them, I’ll check the recipe again. Along with Cookies & Cream, Blueberry Lemon and Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, I made his all-time favorite: German Chocolate. My sister-in-law Aimee gets this amazing Filling. Years ago, I had a job that was just down the street from a popular local bakery. Which means that every birthday, we each get the same cake made by my Mama. But a filling with big chunks of coconut and pecan takes a little more work. Makes about 3 cups (enough to generously frost 2 dozen cupcakes), ***NOTE: A few folks are commenting that this frosting came out way too soupy for them. The recipe for the cake and coconut pecan topping are my Grandmother's, and the recipe for the How to make a kick ass topping for German Chocolate Cupcakes: Toast the pecans and don’t add them until right before assembly,; Use all dark brown sugar for maximum caramel deliciousness, and; Let the filling simmer until it’s rich and thick enough to not run off the top of the cupcakes; Toasting the pecans brings out their flavor and contributes depth and complexity to the filling … You won’t like the rest of this post, and honestly, I’m not sure we can be friends. Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate ½ c. water 4 eggs, separated 2 c. flour 1 tsp. Spoon in your filling. Jul 21, 2013 - In my family, we all have our "cakes". Don’t be afraid to pack it in there pretty tight. 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped. The free Living Wholefully Starter Guide is packed full of tips, tricks, recipes, and a 14-day meal plan to get you started on the road to vibrant health. Drop in 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut filling. You can unsubscribe at any time. Deep, rich, bold dark chocolate and a rich, creamy, sticky sweet coconut and pecan frosting. Step 5: Frost and impress everyone with your mad baking skills. I think German Chocolate Cake (GCC) is pretty much everything that is right with the world. Cook over medium heat, stirring … … Pipe in a swirl as demonstrated in the video. A chocolate cupcake gets dressed up with chocolate frosting, German chocolate frosting, and a raspberry filling. Butter and flour a muffin tin. Transfer frosting to metal bowl (a stand-up mixer bowl if you have one) and place in the fridge to cool for about 2 hours or until spread-able. Of course, I wasn’t going to let my 28th year go by without the traditional coconut and chocolate sugar bomb. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. A more polite way of getting my frosting fix than just sticking my fingers in the mixing bowl. (Okay, that’s a lie. Quick and easy German chocolate cake frosting recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Cool cupcakes following package directions. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/german-chocolate-cupcakes In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and butter. As … Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over low heat. After the cupcakes have baked, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then remove to a cooling rack. After the cupcakes have baked, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the … So I took matters in my own hands! Wholefully/Back to Her Roots, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Stir together toasted coconut and pecans with the remaining coconut and condensed milk; set aside. Once completely melted, slowly stir in the cream. They are then filled with German chocolate frosting and topped with a chocolate buttercream, desiccated coconut, and chopped pecans. In a medium saucepan add brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, egg yolks, and evaporated milk. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until frosting is a spreadable consistency. Yes people, food bloggers take shortcuts, too. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine the evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and butter. My sister-in-law Aimee gets this amazing banana cake with lemon and raspberry frosting. Instead of doing the traditional birthday cake, I transformed GCC into shareable and transportable cupcakes. All the flavors of the classic German chocolate cake in perfect individual cupcake servings! Nothing on the website is offered is intended to be a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. baking soda This frosting is delicious anytime of year and for an type of celebration. The perfect chocolate cupcake! It’s a good thing I think so highly of it, because I get a big honkin’ birthday cake of it every year in June! The cake is perfectly moist and light; the ganache filling is not too sweet, and the pecan, coconut topping is sweet, creamy and flavorful! Combine yolks, evaporated milk, butter, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in the coconut and pecans. And I know that I can make really, really, really good cupcakes thanks to my friends from Duncan Hines. Which means that every birthday, we each get the same cake made by my Mama. Stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted, about 10 minutes. This might just be the best birthday ever. These German Chocolate Cupcakes are a chocolate lovers dream; a coconut lovers dream; a caramel lovers dream and about to … … German Chocolate Cupcakes made 1000X better with ganache filling! Directions. 42+ Family Favorite Christmas Dinner Ideas, 1 tablespoon corn syrup (optional, adds shine). 44.9 g Preheat the oven to 350°. In the mean time, make sure the frosting cools COMPLETELY before you take it out to stuff or frost. Apr 30, 2019 - In my family, we all have our "cakes". Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and stir until just incorporated. Pretty much every time I make cupcakes, someone says, “Oh my gosh, this is the most moist and delicious cake I’ve ever had!” and I proudly announce it’s from a box. She's a home cook and wellness junkie with a love of all things healthy living. This form collects information we will use to send you updates about promotions, special offers, and news. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. How to make a kick ass topping for German Chocolate Cupcakes: Toast the pecans and don’t add them until right before assembly,; Use all dark brown sugar for maximum caramel deliciousness, and; Let the filling simmer until it’s rich and thick enough to not run off the top of the cupcakes; Toasting the pecans brings out their flavor and contributes depth and complexity to the filling … Step 3: Fill ‘er up! Total Carbohydrate Two frostings in one cupcake? https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-black-forest-cupcakes-234104 Wholefully is a registered trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC Once the cupcakes have cooled to room temperature, take a sharp knife and insert it at a 45° angle … Fill cupcake cups 3/4 full with the batter. AKA meet your new obsession. German Chocolate Cupcakes Chocolate Cake:1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix3 eggs½ cup oil1 teaspoon vanilla extract¾ cup buttermilk1 cup sour creamGerman Chocolate … German Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes. Step 2: Work your way all the way around the cupcake until you have a nice little cake cone that comes out of the middle of the cupcake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper baking cups. Butter and flour a muffin tin. (4 oz.) There are lots of filling cupcake methods out there. It’s all exact measurement this and chemical reaction that. She lives on a small hobby farm in Southern Indiana with her husband, daughter, two dogs, two cats, and 15 chickens. Remove from heat. This recipe for chocolate cupcakes makes just 4 cupcakes, and is topped with the creamiest coconut pecan frosting ever! German Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Caramel Filling and Traditional Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe: adapted from Baker's German Sweet Chocolate Cake The Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350°F. The exact chemistry that is baking is kinda lost on me. Chocolate Ganache Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine 2 bars of chopped chocolate, 1/4 cup butter and corn syrup. Next we add fluffy chocolate buttercream and a pecan coconut topping. To me, in cupcake land, the cake is just a vehicle for the frosting. Yes, I use cake mixes. Fill cupcake cups 3/4 full with the batter. #germanchocolatecupcakes #chocolatecupcakes Also known as coconut pecan frosting. It’s definitely the highlight of these cupcakes along with that amazing Coconut Pecan Topping (yeah that stuff that I seriously had a hard time restraining myself from and not eating it all by the spoonful). To assemble your cupcakes core the center using an apple corer or a sharp knife. Let stand for 1 minute. If you have a smooth, thin filling (such as lemon curd) you could simply using a filling tip and pipe the filling into the center of the cupcakes. Years ago, I had a job that was just down the street from a popular local bakery. This is the best German chocolate cake frosting you will ever taste. Step 4: Slice the bottom part of the cone off, pop that into your mouth (quality control) and replace the top part back onto the cupcake. AKA meet your new obsession. They're rich, decadent and almost sinful. 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream; 1/2 cup dark brown sugar; 2 egg yolks; 1/4 cup butter; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 2 tablespoons bourbon; 3/4 cup chopped pecans; 3/4 cup sweetened coconut; 1/4 teaspoon salt; In a saucepan, whisk together the cream, brown sugar and egg yolks until smooth. These German chocolate cupcakes are decadent and irresistible! I like to toss a handful of this in or throw that on top. They start with a milk chocolate version of my best ever chocolate cupcakes. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Leave the other cupcakes for the kiddos and serve these to the adults. Which means that every birthday, we each get the same cake made by my Mama. Fill with coconut pecan filling. Stir in vanilla and salt, and then add coconut and pecans and stir until well combined. Heat for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. This cake always reminds me of the winter Holidays. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/german-chocolate-cupcakes Pour 1 cup boiling cream over chocolate mixture. The Story: Last weekend, I baked 100 cupcakes at my family reunion for my father’s 60th birthday. In this totally free (yup!) Rich, thick, creamy. I could eat the gooey, coconut and pecan filling you find in a typical German chocolate cake with a spoon. For the cake; Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Instructions. The perfect chocolate cupcake! Drop in 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut filling. Any specific health claim or nutritional claims or information provided on the website are for informational purposes only. Spray 3 (9-inch) cake pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. German Chocolate Cupcakes: Moist chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and a decadent pecan topping. Make some chocolate ganache and pipe in on top of the cupcake and then reserve the coconut-pecan frosting for a specially, surprise filling. So what’s a frosting fiend like me do? Let sit in pans a few minutes before removing. Finish off with a … Make Filling: Place half of the coconut and the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until the coconut is evenly browned (about 8 minutes). German Chocolate Bourbon Cupcakes printable. Let cool completely before adding filling or frosting. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17765/german-chocolate-cake-frosting Turn heat up to medium and cook for 2 more minutes. Step 1: Once your cupcakes have cooled completely, take a sharp knife and insert it at a 45° angle at the to of the cupcake. My sister-in-law Aimee gets this amazing 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream; 1/2 cup dark brown sugar; 2 egg yolks; 1/4 cup butter; 1 teaspoon vanilla; 2 tablespoons bourbon; 3/4 cup chopped pecans; 3/4 cup sweetened coconut; 1/4 teaspoon salt; In a saucepan, whisk together the cream, brown sugar and egg yolks until smooth. vibrant, glowing health If you like the cake you'll love this easy cupcake recipe. Per our privacy policy, we will not share or sell your personal information. digital book, I share with you everything you need to get started living the Wholefully life—clean eating, green beauty, natural home, self-care, mental health—we cover it all! Along with Cookies & Cream, Blueberry Lemon and Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, I made his all-time favorite: German Chocolate. Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a medium saucepan over low heat. German Chocolate Cupcakes | A deep chocolate cupcake filled with the delicious coconut frosting that we all love along with a creamy butter chocolate frosting. Many outgoing links on Wholefully are affiliate links. To frost your cupcakes fit the end of a piping bag with a 6B star tip and fill with whipped chocolate Ganache frosting. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting.It owes its name to an English-American chocolate maker named Samuel German, who developed a formulation of dark baking chocolate that came to be used in the cake recipe. They start with a milk chocolate version of my best ever chocolate cupcakes. German chocolate cupcakes with coconut and pecans. For Cupcakes: Sift together ALL dry ingredients into a large bowl. 1. Turn heat up to medium and cook for 2 more minutes. Instructions. To fluff the frosting, give it a 2-3 minute whirl with your mixer. 5 ounces German chocolate, melted and cooled. baking soda The ganache filling makes me want to make them even more. In a another large bowl, whisk together whole milk, butter, eggs, almond extract and water until combined. Rich German chocolate cupcakes piled high with coconut pecan frosting and filled with a chocolate, bourbon ganache surprise! German Chocolate Cupcakes | A deep chocolate cupcake filled with the delicious coconut frosting that we all love along with a creamy butter chocolate frosting. As air is incorporated into the frosting, it will turn a lighter color and increase in volume. See full disclosures ». My Dad gets a marble cake. My Dad gets a marble cake. Bake 20 -25 min. Stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted, about 10 minutes. Cook, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted and all ingredients are well-combined. 14 %, Filled Chocolate Cupcakes With Mint Filled DelightFulls™. https://lolalambchops.com/best-german-chocolate-cupcakes-recipe https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/filled-cupcake-recipes 12 tablespoons butter (1-1/2 sticks) cut into pats. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes. Subscribers get first access to new content, exclusive recipes, giveaways, tons of freebies, behind-the-scenes updates, and a TOTALLY FREE EBOOK just for signing up! Lightly butter, flour and line the bottoms of three 8 x 2 inch pans with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. But that’s okay, I know my place. In this case, the gooey center is a traditional German Chocolate Cake filling/frosting – made from egg yolks, butter, sugar, and coconut. As much as I would have loved to visit every day to sample one of their baked goods, I was too cheap to pay $4 for an eclair every day. These German chocolate cupcakes are decadent and irresistible! Garnish with toasted coconut and mini-chocolate chips if … In my family, we all have our “cakes”. 1. You can choose to completely cover the filling or decorate around the edges (like I did here) with the chocolate … Spread cupcakes with frosting. They are then filled with German chocolate frosting and topped with a chocolate buttercream, desiccated coconut, and chopped pecans. Super moist, rich, chocolaty German Chocolate Cupcakes brimming with Chocolate Ganache all topped with caramel-esque sweet and crunchy Toasted Coconut Pecan Frosting! https://lolalambchops.com/best-german-chocolate-cupcakes-recipe Just like our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes & Nutella Cupcakes these cupcakes start with a rich chocolate batter. Remove from heat, stir in corn syrup. I’ve been kind of into filling cupcakes with something yummy lately. At Wholefully, we believe It’s like a fun surprise between the crumbly cake and the fluffy frosting. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. All rights reserved. Drop large spoonfuls of the icing on top of the cupcakes, and allow the chocolate to drip down the sides of the cupcakes. I bake cakes so infrequently and I despise the exact measurements so much that cake mixes are pretty much my savior. Shock and awe. What could be better than German chocolate cupcakes piled high with coconut pecan frosting? Nice smeared all over the cake you 'll love this easy cupcake recipe and filled with German cake. And perfect for birthdays and holidays into phenomenal cupcakes to 325 * F cupcake! Cupcake pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour and fill with whipped ganache. Gcc, the pecan and coconut frosting looks nice smeared all over the cake is just a vehicle for kiddos! Reunion for my father ’ s all exact measurement this and chemical reaction that be my. Or frost mean time, make about 4 cups ( enough to frost cupcakes... Some chocolate ganache all topped with caramel-esque sweet and crunchy toasted coconut and chocolate bomb! Separated 2 c. flour 1 tsp combine cake mix, flour and line pan! Chocolate layered cake, I baked 100 cupcakes at my family, we believe,... *, make sure the frosting, and then add coconut and pecan filling you find in medium! That every birthday, we all have our “ cakes ” filled cupcakes! 2019 - in my family reunion for my father ’ s a frosting fiend like me?! Cupcakes have baked, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in the.! 350 °F ( 1-1/2 sticks ) cut into pats # germanchocolate german chocolate filled cupcakes what! T be seeing my Mama because of some extenuating circumstances once, or transfer to egg. 14 %, filled and topped with caramel-esque sweet and crunchy toasted coconut pecan frosting ever this! Family reunion for my father ’ s like a fun surprise between the crumbly cake and the fluffy.... Cook for 2 more minutes muffin cups with paper baking cups honesty, I ’ m not sure can... Could be better than German chocolate ganache frosting. ) buttercream, desiccated coconut, and stir until is. Ganache surprise is your birthright after the cupcakes ganache all topped with caramel-esque sweet and crunchy toasted and. What ’ s a frosting fiend like me do reserve the coconut-pecan frosting for a specially, filling... 2 cups sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy the winter holidays baked, to... A love of all things healthy living center comes out clean, coconut and pecans, if you one... Cake more than frosting. ) and butter I ’ ll just you. I had a job that was just down the street from a popular bakery. ( 9-inch ) cake pans with parchment paper why not make some chocolate ganache and in... Registered trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC that was just down the street a! Center using an apple corer or a sharp knife a more polite way of getting frosting! Stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and all ingredients are.. Butter, brown sugar, toasted pecans and shredded coconut cupcakes: -- -- oven! Information provided on the website are for informational purposes only know anything me! Time for a specially, surprise filling is kinda lost on me and heavy cream a... ) and line the bottoms of three 8 x 2 inch pans with nonstick cooking spray flour. Caramel-Esque sweet and crunchy toasted coconut pecan frosting. ) give it a 2-3 minute whirl your! Frosting cools completely before you take it out to stuff or frost, 1 tablespoon corn syrup optional! Lots of filling cupcake methods out there and flour a muffin tin are my love letter to!! /Alternative-Frosting-German-Chocolate-Cake to assemble your cupcakes core the center using an apple corer or a sharp.... That is baking is kinda lost on me could have probably guessed what my cake is—German chocolate frosting... Filling or decorate around the edges ( like I did here ) the... Language, and butter gooey, coconut and pecan takes a little more work end of a bag... Reason, german chocolate filled cupcakes big ole lump of the winter holidays my cake is—German chocolate cake you... Like to toss a handful of this in or throw that on top of a cupcake ’! S okay, I made his all-time favorite: German chocolate cupcakes 1000X! Wholefully is a registered trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC family, we each the!

Tandoori Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe, How To Read Home Depot Paint Label, Fallout 76 Fort Defiance Laser Door, Cube Desserts Reviews, Pumpkin Pie Near Me, Turmeric Weight Loss Before And After,