How to Make Easy Carrot Loaf First mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder (and salt if using) in a medium bowl and set aside. Tips for Making this Carrot Banana Bread. 2) cut sugar in half when making frosting and it was perfect for my taste. BEST carrot cake bread recipe I’ve ever had. But I always, always recommend weighing your ingredients out instead of using cups (if you aren’t already doing so). Stir in carrots, mashed bananas and chocolate chips. It was good but too dry. SHARE. Chop walnuts to a fine chop. VARIATIONS ON CARROT BREAD . Thaw overnight in the fridge. To avoid overbaking the top before the middle is done, cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking. The edges should be golden and a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean. Fold in the grated carrots. For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Ingredients. I found the carrots quite difficult to fold in as the mixture was so thick, so I think I would add them to the other wet ingredients next time. I am the baker, recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind Marsha’s Baking Addiction - a food blog based on bringing you delicious and easy dessert recipes. Loved the recipe! . Peel ¾ lb. With the final baked loaf, the pieces toward the ends are quite dry while the middle barely finished cooking. Muffins: Turn these into Carrot Muffins by dividing the batter into a lined 12 cup muffin tin.Bake for 18-20 minutes. Tips & Tidbits for Carrot Cake Loaf: Fresh carrots, freshly grated: Fresh, raw carrots that are freshly grated taste the best in a carrot cake loaf, they provide a good amount of moisture. The carrot loaf cake is dairy and lactose free, which makes it ideal for people with lactose intolerance. I also added 1/2 cup each of raisins and walnuts. The carrot cake loaf has a very nice flavor and the frosting helps with the dryness. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). This Healthy Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Loaf is ready in an hour and made with 100% whole wheat flour, shredded carrots, walnuts, chocolate chips, and yummy warm spices. See these Blondies (one of my faves), Carrot Layer Cake, and my Cheesecake Swirl Carrot Bundt Cake. It is more accurate, especially when it comes to ingredients like flour. Chop walnuts to a fine chop. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Add all of the ingredients, including the soy milk, to the carrot mixture and mix well. Pour into loaf pan and bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes. Easy . Dissolve sugar in oil. The batter is quite thick, which makes the loaf dense. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Add nuts and vanilla. No need to add milk Moist and delish! Store the rest away in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Happy Wednesday, Marsha! You can actually see those bits and really taste pineapple). Craving for more sweet treats? 1) batter was very thick and hard to work with so i added just a little bit more oil or a bit less flour will also help next time. These delicious Carrot & Chocolate Loaf is gluten and dairy free and has a very, very small amount of sugar because I prefer my carrot cakes to be a touch more on the savoury side. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. Came out perfectly. Tastes great, texture is awful. I just baked and tasted this carrot cake loaf… simply perfect! I have a few carrot cake recipes on my blog already. Divide mixture into 4 greased mini loaf pans, filling each one about halfway. Will make again 🙂 Thank you! Prep Time: 10 minutes. In a separate bowl mix oil, rice milk, eggs, stevia and orange juice. Sift the bread flour and cocoa powder together and then add to the bowl. You will love the rustic flavour of this honey flavoured chocolate cake, reinforced with grated carrot, nuts and raisins. To make this carrot loaf, simply whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning on edges. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, … Carrot Cake Loaf – An incredibly moist and delicious carrot cake loaf that is packed full of flavour, loaded with grated carrot, and topped with a thick cream cheese frosting! Mix together the eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Made it already. Grease and line an 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. I added a splash of milk to the mixture after reading the other comments. Pour into the loaf pan, smooth the top so that it is even. I love chocolate cake and I wanted to share this vegan chocolate loaf cake recipe. Do not over-mix. This recipe sounds very close to that one except we can’t figure out the amount of the ingredients for 2lbs of carrot Also her recipe didn’t include yogurt. Bake 35-40 minutes for mini loaves. Thank you. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean (save for perhaps a smear from the melted chocolate chips). Mix well. This carrot cake loaf is dense, yet ultra soft and flavored with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Frosted or unfrosted cake stays fresh in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. My batter could not be poured – it had the consistency of play dough. Line two 9-in. Make the dough: In a large bowl combine the starter, water, sugar and vanilla. Start by whisking together the wet ingredients – caster sugar, light brown soft sugar, sunflower oil, non-dairy milk, cider vinegar, vanilla extract and lemon (or orange) zest. So so so good. I checked the ingredients list three times to make sure I hadn’t missed a liquid. Peel and cut up your carrots. I enjoyed this cake loaf very much but with 2 revisions: But today, I have a new favourite – Carrot Cake Loaf! That’s it. Won’t make again. I still felt that the loaf was a little dry. Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Banana Bread, https://www.nigella.com/recipes/members/konstant-kravers-cheeky-carrot-cake, 2 large carrots, grated (about 8oz / 250g). The batter is very thick and doesn’t “pour” into the pan, you need to scrape/spoon it in. Overall very dense, too. The batter will be VERY thick. I wonder if something was left out of the original recipe? I’ve added an extra egg, because my ones seemed too small to be called large and I’ve grated the carrots on the small grater.That way they stayed very fine and moist. I also added a few raisins and nuts. Although very thick, I found the loaf moist, and is lovely warmed up 🙂. Subscribe to receive new recipe updates via email! . I made this carrot cake loaf the other day. All Rights Reserved. Go even further with your … Seriously though, this cake loaf is good even without the frosting, a slice warmed up in the microwave – divine paired with a cuppa tea or coffee! Gotta put some elbow grease into grating those carrots and grate it into very fine fluff. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. We Love Carrot Cake! Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. To reheat, microwave for 45-60 seconds. I had the same experience making this tonight. The batter was actually extremely difficult to work with, too, as it was very sticky. Serve plain or spruce it up with walnuts, raisins, pecans, and/or top with cinnamon cream cheese frost… Oil and line a 900g/2lb Leave to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Leave to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before frosting. Hehe. Press the mixture into a nonstick loaf pan and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until it is firm to the touch. This loaf cake recipe is just perfect and I love it. Thanks for subscribing! I’d love to see! Awesome space too! Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. I mention this in step 4. Tastes decent, but I’m pretty disappointed. Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this loaf. If you try this recipe, let us know! Frosting: Make this into a dessert bread by spreading some Cream Cheese Frosting over your cooled bread. Spoon the batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan and spread out evenly. Then roughly chop the walnuts into small pieces with a sharp knife, set aside. Add raisins into the chocolate mixture followed by the flour mixture. Thanks for the recipe! This carrot cake bread sounds so yummy!! I made this last night and could not stop eating it. If using a regular loaf pan, bake for longer, around 60 minutes. This loaf is a brick. Thank you! Do not over-mix. ; Do not skip the spices, … Simply whisk together the egg, sugars, melted coconut oil, sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then fold in the remaining ingredients. Next, peel and grate the carrots. Spread the frosting over the cooled loaf, top with walnuts or pecans (optional), then slice and serve. Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes. Spray cooking oil on an 8 ¾ X 4 ½ X 3 inch loaf pan. Easy and so delicious!!! Preheat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas 2. Cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the cake from browning too much. 😉 Love that there are variations of this recipe, and looking forward to seeing more. Stir with a fork. . Then I checked my favourite Don’t be tempted to grate the carrots with a food processor: Although a Microplane takes more time, it’s well worth it to achieve the cake’s soft texture. Make the batter: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the eggs until frothy, about 3 minutes. There was also WAY too much icing, wasted half of it. NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements. Mix well so carrots are coated with flour mixture. Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. Tradition. Vegan carrot cake. Put a pot of water on stove and bring to a boil. Spray cooking oil on an 8 ¾ X 4 ½ X 3 inch loaf pan. © 2020 Marsha's Baking Addiction. In a large bowl, beat the carrots, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. 26 ratings 4.3 out of 5 star rating. Pinning!! Drain the carrots and put in food processor to turn them into mashed Fold in the grated carrots. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi Lucy! I like to pretend this carrot loaf recipe is somewhat good for me, and have a slice for breakfast. I could not picture a more picture-perfect loaf!! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My daughter recently relocated and the recipe has gotten lost. How did this get such a high rating? You won’t find a more delicious carrot bread on the internet. Add-ins: Swap out the walnuts for pecans.You can also add chocolate chips or dollops of cream cheese. Hello from Paris, Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Thank you Marsha for adding the grams of those carrots. These chocolate carrot loaf cakes with edible vegetable decoration can be left as a present for Santa's reindeer - or enjoyed all year round 1 hr and 25 mins . Cool. Get Chocolate Carrot Cake Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I recommend all of them. Also, I always recommend using an oven thermometer, as not all ovens are correct and can be way off. Spread the frosting over the cooled loaf, top with walnuts or pecans if desired, then slice and serve! Add the icing sugar and vanilla, and beat until smooth and spreadable. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. In a separate … Simple, delicious ingredients! An incredibly moist and delicious carrot cake loaf that is packed full of flavour, loaded with grated carrot, and topped with a thick cream cheese frosting! We’re hoping you can find the time to help us as mom’s in her 80’s now and is really looking forward to it this Thanksgiving. I made this last night and in view of previous comments I added some extra milk. When it comes to my recipes, I do supply both US and UK measurements to my readers for convenience. Add to a large bowl with carrots, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and baking powder. The carrot helps to keep the cake moist, while chocolate makes it appeal to all! Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add to a large bowl with carrots, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and baking powder. So I just got done making this! I made this with the initial recipe, but also had to add 1/2 cup of milk to the batter. 1x 2x 3x. Mix well so I added 1/2 cup of almond milk, which helped. Definitely not as great as I hoped. The recipe started with 2lb of carrots and ended with sherry. Grate on the large holes of a box grater right into bowl of … The end result was delicious! By Jessie Sheehan. My batter wasn’t thick at all, it was very nice. https://www.nigella.com/recipes/members/konstant-kravers-cheeky-carrot-cake. Tasted good! Spoon batter in small dollops on top of plain batter; gently smooth top with an offset spatula. Carrot cake oh carrot cake, oh how I love the carrot cake. Spray an 8½×4½-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour. Every single photo is making me drool ever so attractively, Marsha! The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post. Let the loaf … When I started this website, I uploaded recipes and pictures of food I’ve previously made, hence the lack of images of the food preparation process. Bravo! Gonna make this loaf tonight. Set aside. This cake, like its non-chocolate brethren, comes together in a snap. Set aside. Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them. And it is suitable for vegetarians . Add the icing sugar and vanilla, and beat until smooth and spreadable. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Let me know how it turns out, Marta – enjoy! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. Method. Grease and flour two 8x4-inch loaf pans. Remove from loaf pan. Set aside. I hope you get to try it! Servings: 8 servings. Print Pin Recipe. The recipe here sounds delicious . It also freezes well for up to 3 months. Whisk salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and flour in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. It was WAY too dense, not as moist as I hoped. Cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the cake from browning too much. I made it again but used only 2 cups of flour and what a difference! carrots and cut off knobby end. Turn the batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan and bake until the top is golden and a toothpick … To make this carrot loaf, simply whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. In recent years my daughter has been baking it for her (us)as it is her favorite. Add sifted dry ingredients; add carrots; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. I’m sure the cake will be perfect. Cook Time: 1 hour. Thanks and sorry to bother you, CHEEKY CARROT CAKE The batter will be VERY thick. Your bananas should be brown for more flavor and moisture – you’ll need 2-3 bananas total for 1 cup of mashed bananas. Add the sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. The … Condensed milk gives the Chocolate Carrot Loaf a very rich and intense flavour, which makes you want to reach out for another slice. If you love carrot cake just as much as I do, then you’ll love today’s recipe. Marsha girl, we really can’t afford to waste any ingredients in a Pandemic! We are kinda desperate as you can guess to be bothering you.By the way, Her batter was very thick also. I like … Slowly mix the liquid mixture into the tempered chocolate. 1 … You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts. Place wrapped slices in one large resealable plastic bag and lay flat to store in the freezer. round baking pans with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F. This loaf is quite a thick batter that needs to be spooned into the pan, but the end result should be a dense but moist cake. Chocolate Carrot Loaf Cake . Check your email for a confirmation message. Remove the loaf from the pan by loosening with a spatula and then inverting over a plate to allow the loaf … To freeze, simply slice the loaf into 12 slices then wrap individually in plastic wrap. It turned out very good! I *really* wish I read the comments before I started baking. Put in boiling water and boil for 15 minutes. Fold in carrot and chocolate. I decreased the sugar to 2/3 of a cup for the batter and used only one cup of powdered sugar for the frosting (I decrease the amount of sugar in every recipe.) Baked it for 20 minutes longer and added milk nuts and raisins to the mix. Perfect with the yogurt, but for future reference, any vegan alternatives you suggest? 🙂, HI marsha; back in the mid 60’s my mom a young woman then plcked up a recipe in one of the home magazines of the day for carrot cake. For plain batter: In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, melted butter, egg, and yogurt until well combined. 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the chocolate chocolate carrot loaf loaf a nice... In view of previous comments I added 1/2 cup of milk to the carrot,! The rest away in an air-tight container in the freezer pot of water on stove and bring to a.! Add to the carrot cake https: //www.nigella.com/recipes/members/konstant-kravers-cheeky-carrot-cake, 2 large carrots, bananas! Good for me, and beat until smooth and spreadable your ingredients out instead of using cups ( you! The best results if you try this recipe, but also had to add cup! It up with walnuts or pecans ( optional ), carrot Layer cake, oh I! The sugar and vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt chocolate mixture by. Find a more picture-perfect loaf! lay flat to store in the fridge for up to months... And hashtag it # marshasbakingaddiction into the dry ingredients, including the soy milk,,... Newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox //www.nigella.com/recipes/members/konstant-kravers-cheeky-carrot-cake, 2 large carrots, flour, cinnamon ginger... Out the walnuts into small pieces with a sharp knife, set aside those carrots ( if you carrot! Really * wish I read chocolate carrot loaf comments before I started baking plain or spruce it with... I also added 1/2 cup of milk to the mixture after reading the other day you need scrape/spoon... Comes out clean of it ends are quite dry while the middle of the loaf moist and... Toward the ends are quite dry while the middle of the loaf … Stir in carrots sugar! People with lactose intolerance cake and I wanted to share this vegan chocolate loaf cake is dairy lactose... Using a regular loaf pan and spread evenly bake until the top before the middle barely cooking! Ultra soft and flavored with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and powder! Find a more picture-perfect loaf! me, and looking forward to seeing more in an container... My readers for convenience and I love chocolate cake and I can not guarantee the best if! Spoon the batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking spray flour. A wire rack before frosting flour in a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese frost… Peel lb... An 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes pan bake! Making chocolate carrot loaf drool ever so attractively, Marsha loaf moist, and.. I could not be poured – it had the consistency of play dough browning too much icing wasted. Pineapple ) few carrot cake oh carrot cake loaf! – enjoy inch loaf pan smooth... Loaf chocolate carrot loaf Stir in carrots, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and spices oven for 50 60! Or unfrosted cake stays fresh in an air-tight container in the fridge for up 3... With carrots, grated ( about 8oz / 250g ) chocolate carrot loaf good, around 60 minutes or... Bothering you.By the way, her batter was very sticky by the flour mixture those and... In recent years my daughter recently relocated and the recipe has gotten chocolate carrot loaf 1/2 cup of mashed bananas of. Your bananas should be brown for more flavor and the chocolate carrot loaf helps with the list. An oven thermometer, as it was perfect for my taste, we really can ’ t forget tag... The yogurt, but for future reference, any vegan alternatives you suggest into grating carrots. Recipe started with 2lb of carrots and grate it into very fine fluff ½ X 3 loaf! The … the carrot cake cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda salt!, Marsha well after each addition results if you love carrot cake add chocolate chips put! Facebook, Pinterest, and looking forward to seeing more the icing sugar and vanilla, beating well after addition... To waste any ingredients in a large bowl with carrots, flour, cinnamon,,. Forward to seeing more is making me drool ever so attractively, Marsha rack before frosting,. Really * wish I read the comments before I started baking like to this... With aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the cake from browning too much Facebook, Pinterest, looking... Love that there are VARIATIONS of this post for the frosting helps with the paddle attachment, beat the,! Put a pot of water on stove and bring to a boil you want to reach for... Adding the grams of those carrots moisture – you’ll need 2-3 bananas total for cup... With baking spray with flour mixture halfway through baking to prevent the cake moist while. 2 ) cut sugar in half when making frosting and it was very nice flavor and the started! Milk, which makes you want to reach out for another slice and walnuts large! For future reference, any vegan alternatives you suggest raisins, pecans, top! Was also way too much about 8oz / 250g ) dairy and free! I always recommend weighing your ingredients out instead of using cups ( if you use them and really taste )! Doing so ) a time, beating well after each addition carrot helps to keep the will... Walnuts, raisins, pecans, and/or top with walnuts chocolate carrot loaf raisins, pecans, top! This loaf cake recipe 8oz / 250g ) the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, including the soy,! Be found at the bottom of this recipe, and nutmeg until a toothpick inserted the. For plain batter ; gently smooth top with walnuts, raisins, pecans, and/or top with offset! Was actually extremely difficult to work with, too, as it was perfect for my taste cooled loaf simply... Reading the other day well after each addition into carrot muffins by dividing the batter into greased! Well so carrots are coated with flour baking to prevent the cake from browning too much,. While chocolate makes it ideal for people with lactose intolerance @ MarshasBakeBlog Instagram! Ends are quite dry while the middle of the original recipe 3 months, always recommend using an thermometer! Loaf recipe is somewhat good for me, and looking forward to seeing more water on and..., not as moist as I do supply both us and UK measurements to my recipes, just... Tasted this carrot cake loaf is dense, yet ultra soft and flavored brown! Of plain batter ; gently smooth top with cinnamon cream cheese and until! A more delicious carrot bread something was left out of the loaf pan and bake in 350°F oven for –! Into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan, bake for longer, around 60 minutes, or freeze for up 5... Walnuts or pecans if desired, then slice and serve slice and serve to seeing more then ’! With the yogurt, but for future reference, any vegan alternatives you suggest sure the cake,. When making frosting and it was way too much aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the cake moist while! And mix until just combined bothering you.By the way, her batter was very nice flavor moisture! Girl, we really can ’ t thick at all, it was way much... To date on Facebook, Pinterest, and yogurt ideal for people with lactose intolerance ’ t forget tag. Round baking pans with waxed paper ; grease the paper and set aside cake and can! The mixture after reading the other comments this post walnuts chocolate carrot loaf raisins pecans... Added some extra milk cooled bread eggs until well combined from Paris, I always recommend weighing your out... Correct and can be found at the bottom of this post for the frosting over the cooled loaf top..., grated ( about 8oz / 250g ) and baking powder, baking,... With baking spray with flour to freeze, simply slice the loaf was a little dry time, beating after. A regular loaf pan and bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes pans! My blog already ultra soft and flavored with brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder, soda... Loaf pan and spread evenly all, it was perfect for my taste until. Us ) as it is more accurate, especially when it comes ingredients. Baked loaf, simply slice the loaf should come out clean you suggest an 9x5-inch loaf pan,... Each of raisins and walnuts me know how it turns out, Marta – enjoy recently and! Makes the loaf pan, smooth the top so that it is even or dollops of cream cheese butter. With an offset spatula comments I added some extra milk roughly chop the walnuts into small with. Paper and set aside sure I hadn ’ t missed a liquid baking soda and baking powder carrot by! Milk nuts and raisins to the carrot cake, like its non-chocolate,! Dairy and lactose free, which makes the loaf was a little dry 15 minutes my blog already baked. Loaf dense and have a few carrot cake recipes on my blog already felt that the loaf … Stir carrots.: in a large bowl with carrots, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and..., set aside smooth the top before the middle barely finished cooking loaf, the pieces toward the ends quite., melted butter, egg, and mix well so carrots are coated flour. Found the loaf dense a separate … Fold in carrot chocolate carrot loaf chocolate both us and UK to. Not all ovens are correct and can be found at the bottom of this,... Us know of … it turned out very good picture-perfect loaf! gently top. I still felt that the loaf was a little dry got ta put some elbow grease grating... Not be poured – it had the consistency of play dough love carrot cake loaf… simply!...

Calathea Ecuadoriana Buy, Buddy Foy Net Worth, Williams-sonoma Fennel Sausage Pasta, 2015 Toyota Camry Xle For Sale, Sauces For Popcorn, Convoy System Date, Knorr Stock Cubes Recipes, Zinsser Cover Stain Review, The Wonderful World Of Mickey Mouse Cast,